E-commerce, in the last few years, has gained considerable ground in the world. This is consolidated by the economic and social implications of the system. When we say economic, we refer to the large number of common citizens venturing out to start their businesses online. Entrepreneurs are responsible for strengthening the economy of their countries in particular, and the world at large. On the other hand, this system has a huge social impact; running an e-commerce website is not restricted to or a privilege for the entitled persons in society. People of all races, genders, sexualities, and religions can start an online business, thus empowering the less empowered.
Two of the most famous e-commerce websites, which have been shouldering maximum responsibility related to taking ahead of the industry, are Shopify Plus and Magento Enterprise or Magento 2. Since these are the best ones, it is only justified that they are hardy competitors. This makes it difficult for you, though. Choosing one of them is not an easy job. Hence, we thought of creating this article for your perusal. We will, therefore, first take a look at both their features and then compare and contrast those for you to choose your favorite platform.
The main features of Shopify Plus
One of the largest e-commerce sites, targeted especially towards merchants with a large client database, Shopify Plus features extensive facilities for its users. An average Shopify Plus merchant is known to grow its business by 126% every year!
With Shopify Plus pricing being downright affordable, you will be astonished at the number of things you can do here! Given below is a list of Shopify Plus benefits and features that will help you to decide if you wish to choose this leading website for your shop.
- The presence of multiple stores: A Shopify Plus account, as versatile as it is, allows you to host multiple stores. This is especially useful for merchants who wish to establish stores across different cities, states, or even countries. Each store will receive the kind of support that they shall require.
- Scalability: The scalability game of Shopify Plus is top-notch in the sense that you, as a merchant, need to concentrate on your website at all. You can dedicate your time to grow your business instead. The platform gives you unlimited bandwidth while they process more than 8000 orders per minute, per store that you host. They also provide you with a scalable SaaS, which is a cloud hosting software. This makes the checkout process flexible and variable for your clients. Moreover, using SaaS, you can host and manage flash sales efficiently.
- High online traffic capacity: Your Shopify Plus advantages include efficient handling of online traffic. With their tool, called Launchpad, you can schedule, and subsequently, automate most of the manual processes. This tool also allows you to create complicated scripts and monitor your sales. This is especially useful in the case of flash sales that tend to bring in a lot of traffic to your website.
- Wholesale management support: If you are interested to host a wholesale shop on this platform, you can do so without hassles. Shopify Plus admin help you set up your store with its Wholesale Channel. It also helps you integrate your retail store with your wholesale shop, so that you can enjoy the benefits of both.
- Total customization: Shopify Plus, is advanced, and a paid version of Shopify, allows you to completely customize your online store. You can design your shop in your unique way and integrate the features offered by whatever Shopify Plus apps that please you.
- Advanced security systems: When you take a Shopify Plus subscription, you also sign up for their advanced security support. Since your online shop is likely to be connected to a lot of payment portals, and the payment and transactions are vulnerable to malicious people on the Internet, it can become a headache for you. Hence, Shopify Plus ensures that your resources are safe and are not threatened in any way.
- Customizable workflows: When you own a store, especially if it is online, you can feel overburdened with the amount of work you might have to do. With Shopify Plus, however, you can forget about all the cumbersome manual tasks. Here, you can automate all these mundane processes and enjoy the facilities of customized workflows.
- Integration of apps and their features: Shopify Plus is nothing if not versatile and flexible. Although it hosts a plethora of features itself, Shopify Plus allows you to integrate apps into your store. These external Shopify Plus apps give you more features to plugin into your storage system.
- Shopify Scripts allow customized discounts: Shopify Plus has an ample number of features to help you manage your business. Scripts are one such tool. This helps you program your storage system in a way such that each customer is given discounts based on their preferences.
- Priority management: With the priority management feature of Shopify Plus, you can cater to the customers who want a swift service. To make the most of it, you can add to your website a section that will allow your customers to opt for priority services, of course at a cost.